Saturday, October 1, 2011

Step Right Up

Fawn Boy- Ink and Prismacolor Pencils

My sister said that this drawing has a sort of "creepy" aspect to it. I'm glad for that.

If you are in the mood for a little spontaneous inspiration, I will share with you a few artists whose work that has been deemed creepy. I find them to be absolutely lovely.

Martin Wittfooth

Vania Zouraliov
Gustav Adolf Mossa (1883
Hikari Shimoda
Dorothea Tanning
Jean Marembert
Suehiro Maruo (weirdest horror manga...by far.)
Domenico Gnoli (1933-1970)


Well...I could go on and on and on and on and on but...I don't want to bore you to death. The artists mentioned above have many other weird artworks. I am telepathically suggesting that they would be worth researching more into. Well that wraps it up I am off to play catch up on Blogger.


14 comments:

Angel said...

It is kinda creepy, but also cute.

Teddi said...

i like your little boy drawing. who decides what creepy is anyway? we are all so different, thank goodness. creepy can freak some people out, or be completely inspiring to someone else. right? someone told me last wk that my facebook profile pic was creepy. then asked if that was my intention.
http://honeybeelane.blogspot.com/

Maribellum said...

Your fawn boy looks beautiful!
also, your inspiration artists= great taste! i love Vania!

Cameron said...

This is very cool, Shayla!! The creep factor just adds to it...his eyes are just so mesmerizing!

Just awesome!

Sabina said...

The best works are the creepiest in my opinion and I love your little fawn boy! Love the details in his face and expression.

I also really like all the other art you posted so thanks for taking the time to do a creepy art round-up.

Julia Christie said...

I think it's cute - not creepy! How are you Shayla??? Have missed seeing what you've been up to...

Hope you and your little one are doing well!

Smiles
xo

Tammie Lee said...

I love your a little bit creepy piece. I didn't think of it as creepy because it felt like it was suppose to be, i know odd.
love all the art you shared, thank you!

M said...

These are all fantastic! I'm glad to see that you're creating again. Your style is darker now. I like it!

I've been in bed for 19 hours and am pretty blahhhh right now, but that Martin Wittfooth cheered me up! I LOVE IT. I really want to get a tattoo of that for some reason...I think I'll go stare at it some more.

www.atavisions.com

M said...

You have tattoos? AAAH! If it's not too personal, you should totally post pics of them on your blog sometime! (I'm obsessed with tattoos, yet I have none. Gah.)

Unknown said...

I dont find it creepy, I like it. Some great artists and inspiration there.

Kafka's wife said...

how much do you want for fawnboy? I love it so much....

The Dainty Dolls House said...

I love it, creepy is great!! xx

Virtual Boy said...

Adorable, looks like he could get along well with My Deer Fallow! ;3
I do love the mix of creepy and cute, especially if the creepy isn't too intentional. ^-^

// -T.W-

Anonymous said...

fawn boy is absolutley gorgeous.(*//*)